Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
CROSSDOCK is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with us. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as name, email address, age, income, and date of birth. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
• public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed,
• professional and business directories available to the public,
• certain public registries and court records,
• certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
1. We are accountable to you
CROSSDOCK is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. We have employees in each of our business units who are accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles.
2. We limit collection of your personal information
CROSSDOCK collects only the information required to provide products and services and marketing endeavors to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services or marketing endeavors, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. CROSSDOCK will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
• Communicating with you generally
• Providing product and services requested by you
• Recommending products and services that CROSSDOCK believes will be of interest and provide value to you
• To comply with legal and governmental requirements
3. We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information
CROSSDOCK uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. CROSSDOCK does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organizations except to offer you a product or service. If your personal information is shared with third parties, these third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with CROSSDOCK to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
CROSSDOCK retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
4. We provide access to your personal information stored by CROSSDOCK
You can request access to your personal information stored by CROSSDOCK. To contact us, refer to the How to Contact us section below. Upon receiving such a request, CROSSDOCK will:
• Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed
• Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information
• Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
5. We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy
CROSSDOCK responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
How to contact us
Crossdock contact information is available on our Contact Us page